Click on the left to see the students selected each month.
Achievement Above All
is awarded once a year by the district to one student, one teacher, one staff member, one group and one volunteer.
Students of the Month
are selected to recognize the academic excellence and citizenship of our Patriots. The following criteria are considered:
- Shows special effort and/or talent in academic achievements
- Demonstrates self discipline, positive team/group concept, contributions in extra curricular activities
- Respects and abides by school rules/policies
- Models good citizenship through a positive attitude
- Handles success and defeat with maturity
Additional specific criteria:
Rotary Student of the Month
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior (1 each grade level)
- Top 10%
IBC A+ Award
- Any grade level (1 male and 1 female)
- Rank between 5% and 25%
- This award focuses on good citizenship and contributions to IHS rather than academics
- Two from each grade level
- Class rank is not the focus of this award (not top 10%)
- This award is to recognize those students who have shown improvement in behavior, maturity, leadership, Patriot Pride, or scholastic improvement
Check out the awards received this year at Independence.